Duck with Port and Balsamic Sauce
Prep time: 15 min
Total time: 45 mins
- 2 Duck Legs
- ½ Cup A Bit on the Side Port and Balsamic Jelly
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
Roast duck legs to taste
While duck is roasting place shallot, water, fresh rosemary, soy sauce, orange juice and jelly in saucepan.
Melt over low heat
Add salt and pepper
When duck is cooked, placed on heated plate, pour over sauce and serve with steamed vegetables and baby potatoes.
- Serve with hot or cold game meat – duck, pheasant or venison.
- Coat your favourite fruit – cherries are particularly good – with melted jelly. This is equally delicious with savoury and sweet food. Serve alongside game…duck, pheasant or venison. You will also drool over this mixture in pavlova or as a topping for panna cotta.
- Sinfully good with a wedge of aged Gouda.